ESFJ Famous People: 85 Celebrities w/ the Consul Personality
by Lisa Sparrow
The ESFJ (Consul) personality type is among the most popular personality types in the world, so it only makes sense that there are lots of famous ESFJ people across all industries.
However, this isn’t the only reason why Consuls often become household names. Much of their fame and success can be attributed to their distinct personality traits—diligence, empathy, and sociability, to name just a few.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at 85 famous people and celebrities with the ESFJ personality type and learn what Consuls are like once they rise to stardom.
32 Celebrities with ESFJ Personality Type
People with the ESFJ personality type may be humble, but they certainly aren’t shy of the spotlight.
On that note, let’s discuss what ESFJs are like in the acting and music industries.
15 Famous ESFJ Actors and Actresses
As dominant extraverted feeling (Fe) users, ESFJs have a knack for connecting with people on a deeply emotional level, which certainly comes in handy for those pursuing a career in acting.
ESFJs often make very compelling actors, and it’s not just because they have a very strong work ethic, emotionally expressive nature, and great attention to detail. The secret to their brilliance lies in their ability to utilize their gift for tapping into other people’s emotions to empathize with their characters and even transform into them.
In turn, ESFJs breathe life into their characters, creating captivating and engaging performances that help them win not only awards but also the hearts of their audience.
Here’s just a handful of the most famous ESFJ celebrities in the acting industry:
- Emma Roberts: Wild Child (2008), Nerve (2016), Maybe I Do (2023)
- Margot Robbie: I, Tonya (2017), Terminal (2018), Barbie(2023)
- Chris Evans: Gifted (2017), The Gray Man (2022), Ghosted (2023)
- Millie Bobby Brown: Stranger Things (2016 –), Enola Holmes (2020), Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)
- Anne Hathaway: The Princess Diaries (2001), The Devil Wears Prada (2006), The Intern (2015)
- Grace Kelly: Mogambo (1953), Rear Window (1954), The Swan (1956)
- Emilia Clarke: Game of Thrones (2011 – 2019), Me Before You (2016), The Pod Generation (2023)
- Gwyneth Paltrow: Seven (1995), Shallow Hal (2001), Sylvia (2003)
- Jennifer Aniston: Friends (1994 – 2004), The Break-Up (2006), Marley & Me (2008)
- Bryce Dallas Howard: The Village (2004), The Help (2011), Jurassic World (2015)
- Kate Hudson: Almost Famous (2000), How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (2003), Bride Wars (2009)
- Penélope Cruz: Vanilla Sky (2011), Vicky Christina Barcelona (2008), Loving Pablo (2011)
- Sofía Vergara: Soul Plane (2004), Modern Family (2009 – 2020), Hot Pursuit (2015)
- Vin Diesel: The Fast and the Furious (2001), The Last Witch Hunter (2015), Bloodshot (2020)
- Charles Melton: Riverdale (2017 – 2023), The Sun Is Also a Star (2019), May December (2023)
17 ESFJ Musicians
Contrary to popular belief, ESFJs can be very creative—especially once they unleash their tertiary extraverted intuition (Ne), which helps them cultivate creativity, think outside the box, and express their wildest ideas. This might explain why so many famous ESFJ musicians are not only performers but also songwriters.
People with the ESFJ personality tend to be very detail-oriented and dedicated to their craft. As such, it’s only natural that musicians with this personality type stand out from others due to their impeccable technique.
Ariana Grande, Mariah Carey, and Whitney Houston are all great examples of this. These famous women are praised for their exceptional vocal ranges and vocal techniques, such as singing in the whistle register.
Not to mention, ESFJ musicians usually don’t let fame get to their heads and remain very close to their fans even when they achieve worldwide recognition. Taylor Swift, for example, hosts “secret sessions” with her fans before album releases to show her appreciation, revealing her hospitable, down-to-earth nature.
Some other famous ESFJ musicians include:
- Olivia Rodrigo, American singer-songwriter and actress
- Jennifer Lopez, American singer and actress
- Paul McCartney, English singer-songwriter and former bass player/vocalist of The Beatles
- Peter Andre, British singer and TV personality
- Kevin Jonas, American musician, TV personality, and lead guitarist of the Jonas Brothers
- Dolly Parton, American singer-songwriter, businesswoman, philanthropist, and actress
- Logic, American rapper, singer-songwriter, and record producer
- Susan Boyle, Scottish singer and Britain’s Got Talent 2009 contestant
- Jon Bon Jovi, American singer-songwriter, musician, actor, and frontman of the rock band Bon Jovi
- Olivia Newton-John, British-Australian singer and actress
- Reba McEntire, American country singer and actress
- Louis Armstrong, American jazz vocalist and trumpet player
- Shania Twain, Canadian country singer-songwriter
11 Famous ESFJ Athletes
Like most introverted sensing (Si) users, ESFJs tend to be rather health-conscious and enjoy being physically active—sometimes to the point of pursuing professional sports as a career.
ESFJs are known for their cooperative nature, which is why they usually gravitate toward sports that rely strongly on teamwork, such as basketball and football. They may also be drawn to coaching, as they often possess a strong leadership potential and enjoy guiding people toward success.
That said, ESFJs can be surprisingly competitive and often have perfectionist tendencies, which also helps them excel at individual sports, such as wrestling. Despite their drive to be the best at what they do, ESFJ solo athletes often go out of their way to foster a sense of belonging and camaraderie in their community.
Here’s a list of some of the most famous ESFJ athletes of all time:
- John Cena, American wrestler, former rapper, and actor
- LeBron James, American basketball player
- Simone Biles, American gymnast and seven-time Olympic medalist
- Shannon Sharpe, American former football player
- Paul Pierce, American former basketball player
- Doc Rivers, American former basketball player and coach
- Brian Scalabrine, American former basketball player and TV analyst
- Gary Lineker, English former football player and sports broadcaster
- Daniel Cormier, American former mixed martial artist
- Hulk Hogan, American retired wrestler, TV personality, and actor
- Jeff Jarrett, American wrestler
7 Famous ESFJ Authors
Writing may not seem like a popular activity among Consuls, as it requires spending lots of time alone. However, you may be surprised to find out that even though ESFJ authors are few and far between, they tend to create rather engaging narratives.
More often than not, ESFJ authors draw inspiration from their personal experiences and find their muse in everyday life. As such, they excel at creating lifelike, multifaceted characters and immersive storylines that readers can easily relate to.
Unsurprisingly, Consuls tend to maintain a sense of realism instead of delving deep into fantasy lands even when they write fictional stories.
That said, ESFJ authors typically prefer writing non-fiction—after all, people with this personality type are very pragmatic. Due to their people-centric attitude, they’re often drawn to self-help themes, whether these relate to helping people build good habits or lead a healthier lifestyle.
Keen to read a book written by a Consul? If so, check out these famous ESFJ authors:
- Nicholas Sparks: “The Notebook” (1996), “A Walk to Remember” (1999), “Dear John” (2006)
- Jenny Han: “The Summer I Turned Pretty” (2009), “It’s Not Summer Without You” (2010), “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before” (2014)
- Elizabeth Bowen: “The Last September” (1929), “The Death of the Heart” (1938), “Bowen’s Court” (1942)
- Azra Kohen: “Phi” (2013), “Çi” (2014), “Pi” (2015)
- Korney Chukovsky: “Little Fly So Sprightly” (1923), “The Crocodile” (1925), “The Stolen Sun” (1933)
- Gwen Shamblin: “The Weigh Down Diet: Inspirational Way to Lose Weight, Stay Slim, and Find a New You” (1997), “The Legend to the Treasure” (2007), “History of the Love of God: A Love More Ancient Than Time” (2013)
- Robin McGraw: “Inside My Heart: Choosing to Live with Passion and Purpose” (2006), “From My Heart to Yours: Life Lessons on Faith, Family, & Friendship” (2007), “What's Age Got to Do With It?: Living Your Healthiest and Happiest Life” (2008)
7 Famous ESFJ Political Figures & Leaders
Although ESFJs tend to stay away from tense, conflict-ridden situations, they possess a deep sense of duty that may drive them to enter the political arena. Rather than aiming to challenge and change the status quo, however, they usually focus on preserving traditions and improving people’s lives in tangible ways.
ESFJs often make approachable political figures and leaders, as they like to be actively engaged in their communities and genuinely care about people’s concerns. Since they value harmony above all else, they tend to work hard to bridge gaps—be they between the government and citizens, different political parties, or nations.
Thanks to their great communication skills and charisma, ESFJ politicians also tend to be quite persuasive.
So, here are some examples of famous ESFJ people in politics:
- Joe Biden, the 46th president of the United States
- Sergio Massa, Argentine politician and Minister of Economy
- Kevin McCarthy, the 55th speaker of the United States House of Representatives
- Michelle Bachelet, Chilean politician, former president of Chile, and former United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Madison Cawthorn, American politician and the first Christian and constitutional conservative member of Congress born in the 1990s
- Anthony Albanese, the 31st prime minister of Australia
- Andrés Manuel López Obrador, the 65th president of Mexico
9 Famous ESFJ People in Business
Organized, detail-oriented, and responsible, ESFJs often succeed in the business world. Unlike many, though, they don’t get ahead by being cutthroats—quite the contrary, Consuls usually harness their people skills to help their businesses thrive. Thanks to their people-centric mindset, they tend to easily build rapport with their target audience.
Not only do they effortlessly expand their networks and find collaboration opportunities to promote their services or products, but they also tend to focus on giving back to their communities. Philanthropy is second nature to ESFJs, so they often share their wealth with those who are less fortunate.
Some of the most successful businesspeople with the ESFJ personality type include:
- Ivanka Trump, American businesswoman, entrepreneur, and former executive vice president of the Trump Organization
- Andrew Carnegie, American industrialist and philanthropist
- Sara Blakely, American businesswoman, founder of Spanx, and philanthropist
- Sam Walton, American tycoon and founder of Walmart and Sam’s Club
- Harlan Sanders, American businessman and founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken
- Susan Wojcicki, American former CEO of YouTube
- Luciano Hang, Brazilian businessman, billionaire, and co-founder of Havan
- Hilaria Baldwin, American entrepreneur, co-founder of Yoga Vida yoga studio chain, yoga instructor, and author
- Rachael Ray, American businesswoman, cook, TV personality, and author
19 Other Famous ESFJ People and Celebrities
As mentioned previously, you can find famous ESFJ people in virtually any sphere—from social media to religion—and not just because this is the most common extroverted personality type. Simply put, Consuls genuinely enjoy being in the public eye and entertaining others, and they often branch out into different directions.
So, here are some of the most famous ESFJ persons who transcend the boundaries of acting, music, sports, and other industries we covered above:
- Tyra Banks, American model, TV personality, and actress
- Brooklyn Beckham, English socialite and former model
- Sophie Codegoni, Italian model and internet personality
- Wendy Williams, American former talk-show host, media personality, and writer
- Jimmy Fallon, American TV host, actor, and comedian
- Steve Harvey, American TV host, comedian, actor, and producer
- Khloé Kardashian, American socialite, media personality, and model
- Gigi Hadid, American model and media personality
- Georgina Rodriguez, Spanish model, social media influencer, and producer
- Hailey Bieber, American model, socialite, and media personality
- Adriana Lima, Brazilian model
- Guido Maria Kretschmer, German fashion designer and TV personality
- Butch Hartman, American animator, voice actor, illustrator, and YouTube creator
- Dave Rubin, American conservative political commentator
- Imane Anys (Pokimane), Moroccan-Canadian Twitch streamer and social media personality
- James Charles, American beauty YouTube creator and make-up artist
- Seán McLoughlin (Jacksepticeye), Irish gaming YouTube creator and philanthropist
- Pope Francis, the head of the Catholic Church
- Richard Simmons, American fitness coach and public figure
And now you know what celebrities have the ESFJ personality type!
As you’ve probably noticed, Consuls aren’t your typical celebrities, as they don’t let fame inflate their egos. More often than not, famous ESFJ people remain humble, down-to-earth, and approachable regardless of how popular they are, which is something not many people manage to do after attaining celebrity status.
Needless to say, this, coupled with their tendency to make every effort to connect with others—be they their audience, communities, or consumers—makes ESFJ celebrities exceptionally likable!