The Essential Guide to the Rare INTP Female Personality
by Lisa Sparrow
Since INTP females don’t conform to traditional gender roles and often break gender stereotypes, it goes without saying that they’re prone to feeling misunderstood.
More often than not, they come off as cold and unapproachable. After all, they’d rather be intimidating but authentic than fake a smile to fit in and appear friendlier.
Needless to say, the INTP female personality is a puzzle to many. However, once you learn more about these women, you’ll inevitably start to admire their complexity and uniqueness!
So, in this article, we’ll look into the bewildering INTP female personality and discover why these women are anything but ordinary. Let’s dive right in!
INTP Female: Traits and Characteristics
First things first, let’s check out the key personality traits and characteristics women with the INTP personality type possess:
- Curiosity. INTP women have very inquisitive minds. They are usually open-minded and often enjoy learning about new things and discussing deeply philosophical topics.
- Unconventionality. As mentioned above, INTP females don’t try to fit into the feminine mold and often have “masculine” hobbies and interests, such as video games and programming.
- Directness. Women with the INTP personality type are more concerned with facts than politeness, which can catch some people off guard. Although they’re rather quiet, they are very straightforward and don’t sugarcoat the truth to make others comfortable.
- Growth-oriented attitude. Just like their male counterparts, INTP females are big on self-improvement. Because of this, they’re also usually open to criticism and aren’t likely to take it personally.
INTP Female Personality Strengths
Without a doubt, INTP females have unique personalities that come with distinct strengths and weaknesses.
On that note, let’s explore their strongest points:
#1. INTP Females Are Independent
INTP females pride themselves on being fiercely independent. Rather than asking others for help or advice, they prefer to tackle problems themselves and rely on their own judgment.
Needless to say, these women think for themselves. While they aren’t necessarily rebellious, they are skeptical of societal norms, conventions, and expectations. As such, they tend to have a non-conformist attitude and strive to only adhere to those rules that resonate with them.
Not to mention, INTP females love spending time alone. While they sometimes find social interactions baffling, they’re more than comfortable being in their own company—besides, the last thing they want to do is be around people who don’t understand them or try to change them.
#2. INTP Females Are Easy-Going
Flexible and laid-back, INTP females embrace spontaneity as a lifestyle. They generally dislike structure and organization, believing that they might limit their freedom. It’s not unusual for them to have a change of heart, so even when they make plans, they believe they’re subject to change.
While this can make them come off as unpredictable, the good news is that INTP females don’t sweat the small stuff. If something doesn’t go the way they expected, they can adapt to the situation without missing a beat. Even though they tend to have a perfectionist streak, these women don’t take life too seriously and tend to have a good sense of humor!
#4. INTP Females Are Logical
Introverted thinking (Ti) is the dominant INTP cognitive function, which means that women with this personality type prioritize logic over emotions. Analytical and objective, they tend to make rational, well-informed decisions and don’t let their feelings interrupt their decision-making process.
Although this is undoubtedly one of the greatest strengths of INTP females, it has its shortcomings.
Since they don’t value emotions as much as most other women, they might find it challenging or outright impossible to relate to them, which can make them feel misunderstood. Unfortunately, many INTP women feel like black sheep around others, especially when growing up.
Also, given that they can be very direct and proud of their intelligence, some people might perceive them as condescending. And as if that’s not enough, studies show that men are often intimidated by intelligent women, which is something most INTP females can confirm from first-hand experience.
#3. INTP Females Are Creative
The INTP female personality is a wonderful combination of logic and creativity. As strong extraverted intuition (Ne) users, these women easily draw connections between abstract ideas. As such, they typically have a knack for generating fresh, innovative ideas and solutions to problems.
Speaking of problem-solving, it’s one of the areas where INTP females excel without breaking a sweat. They rarely, if ever, get stuck when looking for a solution, as they’re capable of analyzing every problem from multiple perspectives at once.
That said, although female INTPs are very creative, they aren’t necessarily drawn to the arts. More often than not, their ability to think outside the box often helps them build successful careers in fields that embrace innovation, such as tech.
INTP Female Personality Weaknesses
Despite the many strengths that INTP women possess, they also have some weak points that can make their lives a bit difficult.
With that in mind, let’s see what they are:
#1. INTP Females Can Seem Unemotional
Since women with the INTP personality type are rather rational, analytical, and logical, they often find it hard to show their emotions. It doesn’t help that extraverted feeling (Fe) is their inferior function and, as such, their blind spot.
But make no mistake—theyaren’t heartless or unemotional. INTP females simply aren’t in touch with their emotional side, and they often struggle to see their value since they can’t understand them logically. While they certainly have feelings, they’re more likely to rationalize them than express them freely, which can cause problems in their relationships.
#2. INTP Females Tend to Be Impractical
More often than not, INTP females are deep in thought, which makes them somewhat disconnected from external reality. They can be quite absent-minded, and it’s not uncommon for them to be so deeply absorbed in their inner worlds that they forget to take care of their responsibilities.
Unsurprisingly, INTP females aren’t practical—they often prefer ordering takeout to cooking, and many of them struggle to remember to pay their bills or do their laundry. While this can make them seem oddly charming and quirky, the truth is, it can also make their life rather chaotic.
#3. INTP Females Can Be Overly Private
As introverts, INTP females are rather quiet. While this isn’t a bad thing in and of itself, some of them take it to the next level and become private to the point of being secretive. They struggle to let people into their lives, but let’s be honest—when you feel constantly misunderstood, it’s not that easy to be open to new connections.
Oftentimes, INTP females feel out of place in social situations, which can cause them to retreat into themselves. Unless they find like-minded people, they typically prefer to spend time by themselves. As much as they enjoy their alone time, however, it’s undeniable that being an INTP female can sometimes get lonely.
Personality Development Tips for INTP Females
As you can probably tell, being an INTP female isn’t that easy—but it’s certainly rewarding if you learn to make the most out of your strengths and downplay your weaknesses.
If you aren’t sure how to do that, here are some tips you might find useful:
- Expand your social circle. Meeting new people can seem like a daunting task to INTP females. However, by joining clubs, forums, and social media groups related to their interests, they can not only deepen their knowledge but also easily meet like-minded people!
- Embrace your emotions. Instead of avoiding or rationalizing their feelings, INTP females should learn to appreciate them as a source of self-knowledge. After all, how you feel about a certain situation says a lot about your values, beliefs, and so on!
- Develop organizational skills. By focusing on their organizational skills, INTP females can bring more harmony into their lives and reduce chaos. Sometimes, all it takes is to make a point to consistently stick to a simple to-do list!
What Are INTP Females Like in Love?
Generally speaking, INTP women are rather selective when it comes to finding a romantic partner. Compliments, gifts, and other similar things don’t impress them nearly as much as intelligence and a good sense of humor.
In love, INTP females are:
- Honest. INTP women aren’t the type to play games or lead people on. They value direct communication, make their intentions clear, and expect the same of you.
- Affectionate. Once they fall in love, INTP women reveal a gentler side of themselves. While they aren’t likely to express their feelings verbally, they shower their partners with plenty of physical intimacy, quality time, and mentally-stimulating conversations.
- Loyal. Although INTP females may be slow to commit, once they do, they make very devoted partners who place a high value on loyalty.
- Independent. INTP females might show their soft side in relationships, but this doesn’t mean they lose their strong, independent personalities. They always strive to be self-sufficient and certainly won’t appreciate any attempts to limit their freedom.
- Supportive. Despite their somewhat skeptical demeanor, INTP females in love are very supportive of their partners. Instead of trying to change them, they accept them fully and do their best to support their goals and help them grow.
INTP Females Best & Worst Matches
All things considered, the best matches for INTP females are:
Primarily, this is because NT personality types share their love of intellectual conversations and have similar values to them, such as logic, innovation, and objectivity.
That said, INTP females are much less likely to build long-lasting romantic relationships with sensing personality types, especially those that value rules, traditions, and the like. Therefore, some of their worst matches include:
3 Famous INTP Females
If you’re looking to deepen your understanding of the INTP female personality, you can’t go wrong with exploring some real-life examples of women with this personality type.
So, here are three female INTP celebrities you’re probably familiar with:
#1. Tina Fey
Witty and smart, Tina Fey is a quintessential INTP female. Although she’s one of the most famous female comedians, not many people know that she quite literally changed the history of Saturday Night Live (SNL). Although the show premiered in 1975, it didn’t have a female head writer up until 1999, when Tina Fey replaced Adam McKay.
Although this was a breakthrough moment in TV history, it’s no surprise that an INTP woman made it happen—they often excel in male-dominated environments. Not to mention, their love of innovation and desire to break the mold often leads them to become trailblazers in one way or another, just like Tina!
#2. Aubrey Plaza
Besides her outstanding acting skills, Aubrey Plaza is famous for her quirky sense of humor. Her humor is so off the wall that it sometimes leaves fans utterly confused—it’s that hard to tell whether she’s putting on a character or just being herself!
That said, sometimes, her jokes miss the mark and cause awkward situations, which is something most INTPs can relate to. Whether you think it was funny or embarrassing, it’s hard to forget that time when Aubrey crashed Will Ferrell’s speech at the 2013 MTV Movie Awards!
#3. Marie Curie
Last but certainly not least on our list of famous INTP females is Marie Curie—the first woman to ever win a Nobel Prize. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to her accomplishments!
Like a typical female INTP, Marie pursued a career in science, enriching the field with her groundbreaking research on radioactivity. Her work is relevant to this day, and it’s safe to say that she remains an inspiration to thousands of girls around the world who dream of pursuing a career in STEM!
Best & Worst Career Choices for INTP Women
Flexible, analytical, and imaginative, INTP females can put their strengths to good use in many fields.
And yet, they often struggle to find the right career path since they aren’t cut out for the usual 9 to 5 jobs.
So, let’s see which careers fit their personalities the best and which ones they should better avoid!
Most often, INTP females build fulfilling careers as:
- Data analysts, as they typically find it easy to work with complex data thanks to their strong analytical thinking skills
- Professors since they have great research skills and like sharing their knowledge with others
- Graphic designers because they’re very creative and enjoy flexible work environments
That said, INTP women will likely feel miserable working as:
- Administrative assistants, as this job is rather repetitive and requires strong organizational skills
- Waitresses since this role doesn’t stimulate them intellectually and involves too much social interaction, which can leave them feeling drained
And that’s a wrap!
At the end of the day, the INTP female personality is unlike any other—that’s why these women break gender norms simply by being themselves!
And although they may seem intimidating and hard to get to know at first, it’s definitely worth the effort. Not only are they loyal, open-minded, and supportive, but they’re also bustling with creative ideas. Coupled with their unique sense of humor, this makes them extremely fun to be around!
INTP Female FAQ
#1. Are INTP females rare?
Yes, INTP females are very rare—it’s believed that no more than 2% of women belong to this personality type.
#2. What attracts an INTP girl?
Nothing attracts an INTP girl quite as much as a brilliant mind. These women are drawn to intelligent and creative people who pursue their passions, have a mind of their own, and value logic and facts.
#3. Who is the best match for an INTP girl?
Some of the best matches for INTP girls include INTJ, ENTP, and ENTJ. These personality types are independent and enjoy deep, intellectual discussions, which is exactly what most female INTPs value in a partner.