140+ Famous People w/ ENTP Personality Type
by Lisa Sparrow
Even though ENTPs seem rather independent and confident, the truth is that many of them secretly crave validation. As such, it isn’t that uncommon for ENTPs to dream of becoming famous, and rightfully so—fame is the ultimate form of praise and recognition.
Well, if you’re wondering whether Visionaries really have what it takes to gain popularity and become household names, keep reading!
In this article, we’ll share an extensive list of famous ENTP people—from actors to scientists and beyond—to learn what helped them make it to the top. Let’s get started!
67 Celebrities with ENTP Personality Type
Energetic and charismatic, people with an ENTP personality type appear to be born to be on the stage. Thanks to their creative XNXP personality trait, there is no shortage of famous ENTP celebrities in the world of entertainment, so let’s find out who they are!
20 ENTP Actors
Given that ENTP personalities are highly creative and persuasive, it shouldn’t be surprising that they often make award-winning actors. Just think about it—people with this personality type can easily switch sides in debates, so it’s only natural that they have no trouble embodying different characters.
Interestingly, many ENTP actors are best known for portraying none other than fictional ENTPs. Some examples of this phenomenon include Matthew Perry as Chandler Bing (Friends) and Neil Patrick Harris as Barney Stinson (How I Met Your Brother). Luckily, most ENTP actors are versatile enough to break away from the “curse” of being defined by one particular role!
So, here are some other famous ENTP actors you’ve probably seen on TV or on the big screen:
- Anna Kendrick: Twilight (2008), Pitch Perfect (2012), Trolls (2016)
- Bryan Cranston: Breaking Bad (2008 - 2013), Godzilla (2014), The Infiltrator (2016)
- Cole Sprouse: Big Daddy (1999), Silk Road (2021), Moonshot (2022)
- Danny DeVito: Twins (1988), Matilda (1996), The Rainmaker (1997)
- David Tennant: Hamlet (2009), United (2011), Ferdinand (2017)
- Emma Thompson: Beautiful Creatures (2013), Last Christmas (2019), Cruella (2021)
- Finn Wolfhard: Stranger Things (2016 -), It (2017), The Goldfinch (2019)
- Hugh Grant: Maurice (1987), Notting Hill (1999), About a Boy (2002)
- James Van Der Beek: Dawson’s Creek (1998 - 2003), Varsity Blues (1999), Mrs. Miracle (2009)
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan: The Losers (2010), The Unholy (2021), Fall (2022)
- Kate McKinnon: Ghostbusters (2016), Masterminds (2016), Ferdinand (2017)
- Percy Hynes White: Rupture (2016), Our House (2018), Wednesday (2022)
- Robert Sheehan: Cherrybomb (2009), Moonwalkers (2015), Geostorm (2017)
- Rose McGowan: Scream (1996), Charmed (1998 - 2006), Grindhouse (2007)
- Ryan Reynolds: Deadpool (2016), Red Notice (2021), Spirited (2022)
- Sacha Baron Cohen: Borat (2006), Brüno (2009), The Dictator (2012)
- Salma Hayek: Desperado (1995), Bandidas (2006), Bliss (2021)
- Zach Galifianakis: The Hangover (2009), Due Date (2010), Masterminds (2016)
15 ENTP Movie Directors
ENTPs are also known as Visionaries for a reason. Thanks to their dominant cognitive function— extraverted intuition (Ne)—they have a unique perception of the world, a future-oriented mindset, and a vivid imagination. Needless to say, these qualities help them excel as film directors.
Oftentimes, ENTP movie directors imprint their distinct visions into their movies. This might explain why most of them, including Quentin Tarantino and Martin Scorsese, have signature filmmaking styles.
Also, most movies created by these directors resemble ENTPs’ thinking pattern—their plot is often chaotic, but everything comes to a full circle right before the end credits start rolling.
With this in mind, the most famous ENTP movie directors of all time include:
- Andrew Dominik: Chopper (2000), Killing Them Softly (2012), Blonde (2022)
- Billy Wilder: Sunset Boulevard (1950), Sabrina (1954), Some Like It Hot (1959)
- Claude Chabrol: Story of Women (1988), Madame Bovary (1991), Hell (1994)
- Fritz Lang: Metropolis (1927), M (1931), Scarlet Street (1945)
- James Gunn: Slither (2006), Super (2010), Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- Jean-Luc Godard: Breathless (1960), Contempt (1963), Alphaville (1965)
- John Frankenheimer: Seconds (1966), Prophecy (1979), Ronin (1998)
- John Landis: Schlock (1973), The Blues Brothers (1980), Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983)
- Jordan Peele: Get Out (2017), Us (2019), Nope (2022)
- Martin McDonagh: Six Shooter (2004), In Bruges (2008), Seven Psychopaths (2012)
- Peter Bogdanovich: Targets (1968), Paper Moon (1973), Mask (1985)
- Quentin Dupieux: Rubber (2010), Wrong (2012), Reality (2014)
- Terry Gilliam: Brazil (1985), Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998), 12 Monkeys (1995)
20 ENTP Musical Performers
ENTP musicians are famous for pushing boundaries in one way or another. They don’t hesitate to experiment with contrasting genres, deliver ground-breaking theatrical performances, and even express their unfiltered opinions on stage. Let’s just say it’s not a coincidence that Slim Shady—Eminem’s outrageous alter ego—is a famous ENTP character!
ENTP singers are known for testing the limits of their vocals. An excellent example of this is Mike Patton, the lead singer of multiple rock acts, including Faith No More and Fantômas. Not only does he have the widest—six octave—vocal range in pop music, but he also shifts between different vocal techniques: falsetto, growling, beatboxing, and many more!
Now, let’s check out some famous ENTP people in the music industry:
- Alice Cooper, American rock singer known as the ‘Godfather of Shock Rock’
- Andriy Danilko, Ukrainian comedian and singer who won second place in the Eurovision Song Contest 2007 performing as his drag persona Verka Serduchka
- Azealia Banks, American rapper and singer
- Celine Dion, Canadian singer famous for her powerful vocals
- Frank Zappa, American experimental musician and composer
- John “Johnny Rotten” Lydon, British singer best known as the lead singer of the punk band Sex Pistols
- Kaze Fujii, Japanese singer and songwriter
- Ludacris, American rapper, producer, and actor
- Nina Hagen, German punk singer and songwriter
- Oliver Tree, American singer, comedian, and producer
- Papa Emeritus III, Swedish singer and former frontman of the rock band Ghost
- Partiboi69, Australian DJ, rapper, and producer
- Princess Nokia, American rapper and songwriter
- Ray Manzarek, American keyboardist who co-founded the rock band The Doors
- Rita Lee, Brazilian rock singer, writer, and animal rights activist
- Will Wood, American singer, songwriter, comedian, and artist
- Yung Gravy, American rapper
- “Weird Al” Yankovic, American musician, singer, and comedian known for parodying popular musicians
12 Other ENTP Celebrities
Thanks to the unique combination of the ENTP cognitive functions, people with this personality type are often gifted storytellers and entertainers. Engaging and witty, they quickly rise to fame as comedians, television hosts, and similar.
- Alexa Chung, British model, fashion designer, and TV host
- Amy Poehler, American comedian, writer, actress, and producer
- Andrew Santino, American comedian and actor
- Bill Nye, TV host, mechanical engineer, and author
- Bobby Lee, American stand-up comedian and actor
- Brennan Lee Mulligan, American comedian, gamemaster, and actor
- Chris Rock, American stand-up comedian and actor
- Conan O’Brien, American comedian, TV host, and producer
- Eric André, American stand-up comedian, TV host, and actor
- James "The Amazing" Randi, Canadian-American stage magician, escape artist, and author known for his skepticism toward the paranormal
- Mark Normand, American stand-up comedian
- Whitney Cummings, American stand-up comedian, actress, and producer
10 Famous ENTP Political Figures
Although ENTPs enjoy political debates, they rarely pursue a career in politics. This may be attributed to the fact that ENTPs don’t usually seek positions of power and tend to have inconsistent political views since they see all sides of any issue. That said, this ability to see the big picture can also help them thrive as political commentators, consultants, and advisors.
However, it isn’t unusual for ENTPs to become more invested in politics later in life, after developing their tertiary extraverted feeling (Fe) function. This might explain why some ENTP politicians, including Volodymyr Zelenskyy, the president of Ukraine, have a background in entertainment or media and communication.
Some other examples of famous ENTP people in politics include:
- Boris Johnson, British conservative politician, former prime minister of the United Kingdom, and journalist
- Boris Nemtsov, Russian physicist and liberal politician known for criticizing Vladimir Putin
- Mao Zedong, Chinese communist revolutionary and former founder and leader of the People's Republic of China
- Michael J. Knowles, American media host and conservative political commentator
- Pablo Iglesias, Spanish political scientist and former second deputy prime minister of Spain
- Paul Keating, Australian former politician who served as the prime minister of Australia
- Roger Stone, American conservative political assistant, political consultant, and lobbyist
- Sam Seder, American political commentator, media host, and actor
- Steven Crowder, American-Canadian media host, comedian, and conservative political commentator
10 Famous ENTP Scientists
As auxiliary introverted thinking (Ti) users, ENTPs are rather logical, analytical, and objective, but this isn’t the only reason why they make world-renowned scientists. ENTPs are also curious, creative, and innovative individuals who often enjoy challenging and exploring scientific theories.
Considering this, it makes perfect sense that Erwin Schrödinger, the Nobel-prize-winning physicist who greatly contributed to quantum mechanics,was an ENTP. After all, it’s hard to deny that only a Visionary could come up with such an outside-the-box (no pun intended) thought experiment as Schrödinger's cat!
If you’re curious to learn about other famous ENTP people in science, here they are:
- Ada Lovelace, English mathematician who is widely considered to be the first computer programmer
- Archimedes, Greek mathematician, inventor, engineer, and physicist
- Benjamin Franklin, American scientist, inventor, author, and political philosopher
- Edward Teller, Hungarian-American physicist who invented the first thermonuclear weapon
- John von Neumann, Hungarian-American physicist, applied mathematician, and engineer who pioneered the game theory
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, American astrophysicist
- Nicolaus Copernicus, Polish astronomer who concluded that the Earth revolves around the Sun
- Richard Feynman, American theoretical physicist, teacher, and drummer
- Steve Wozniak, American computer programmer, entrepreneur, and engineer
10 Famous ENTP Writers
ENTPs have strong brainstorming abilities, and this certainly helps them become great writers.
However, given that they often come up with multiple ideas at once due to Ne, ENTP writers can be inconsistent, jumping from one idea to another or mixing fiction with non-fiction. Done right, this can help their writing stand out, but sadly, many ENTPs quickly lose inspiration and give in to procrastination.
Still, when ENTPs manage to complete their literary works, they rarely go unnoticed. Don’t take our word for it—here are some of the most famous ENTP writers from around the world:
- Alexander Pushkin: “The Prophet” (1928), “Winter Morning” (1929), “Dubrovsky” (1941)
- Chuck Palahniuk: “Fight Club” (1996), “Choke” (2001), “Snuff” (2008)
- David Icke: “Children of the Matrix” (2001), “Infinite Love is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion” (2005), “Phantom Self” (2016)
- Fran Lebowitz: “Metropolitan Life” (1978), “The Fran Lebowitz Reader” (1994), “Mr. Chas and Lisa Sue Meet the Pandas” (1994)
- Jerome K. Jerome: “The New Utopia” (1891), “Three Men on the Bummel” (1900), “Tommy and Coo” (1900)
- George Bernard Shaw: “Man and Superman” (1903), “Major Barbara” (1907), “Pygmalion” (1912)
- Mark Twain: “The Adventures of Tom Sawyer” (1876), “Life on the Mississippi” (1883), “Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” (1884)
- Ovid: “Amores” (16 BC), “Metamorphoses” (8 CE), “The Art of Love” (2 AD)
- Ryu Murakami: “Almost Transparent Blue” (1976), “Coin Locker Babies” (1980), “In the Miso Soup” (1997)
- Stan Lee: “Amazing Marvel Universe” (2006), “The Zodiac Legacy: Convergence” (2015), “Thor Vs. Hulk” (2017)
10 Famous ENTP Philosophers
Thanks to Ne, people with the ENTP personality type are philosophers by nature.
They are constantly questioning and contemplating the reality, status quo, and current events—along with their future implications, of course. Much like their feeling counterparts, ENFPs, they never miss an opportunity to have an intellectual discussion with someone and expand their understanding of the world.
If you’re into philosophy, here are some ENTP philosophers whose works you might be interested in:
- Bertrand Russell, British philosopher, logician, and mathematician who developed the philosophy of logical atomism
- David Hume, Scottish empiricist philosopher, economist, and historian
- Denis Diderot, French Enlightenment philosopher, writer, and art critic
- Karl Popper, British-Austrian philosopher of science and social commentator
- Michel De Montaigne, French Renaissance philosopher who popularized essays
- Michel Foucault, French structuralist and post-structuralist philosopher, political activist, and literary critic
- Niccolò Machiavelli, Italian political philosopher and diplomat
- Slavoj Žižek, Slovenian political philosopher, cultural theorist, and cultural critic
- Socrates, Ancient Greek moral philosopher who founded and shaped Western philosophy
- Voltaire, French Enlightenment philosopher and writer who criticized Christianity and slavery
10 Famous ENTP Artists
Contrary to popular belief, ENTPs can be very artistic—but they rarely produce traditional art. This isn’t surprising, given that Visionaries favor innovation over following other people’s footsteps and rules.
While you shouldn’t expect them to paint still life, you might be surprised to find out how many ENTPs happen to be well-known animators and comic book artists! Whether you’re into anime, comics, or adult animation, you’ve definitely come across their work, likely without even knowing it.
Don’t believe it? Check out this list of famous ENTP artists:
- Berthe Morisot, French painter who is cited as one of the founders of the Impressionist movement
- Brad Bird, American animator, screenwriter, producer, and filmmaker
- Francisco Ibáñez Talavera, Spanish comic book artist
- Gege Akutami, Japanese manga artist best known for Jujutsu Kaisen
- Justin Roiland, American animator, voice actor, producer, and co-creator of Rick and Morty
- Leonardo da Vinci, Italian High Renaissance painter, sculptor, engineer, and architect
- Matt Groening, American animator, cartoonist, and producer best known for creating The Simpsons
- Rob Liefeld, American comic book artist and writer
- Todd McFarlane, American comic book artist, entrepreneur, writer, and filmmaker
- Trey Parker, American animator, composer, and actor who co-created South Park
10 Famous ENTP Entrepreneurs
Since ENTPs usually prefer to be self-employed and can easily spot lucrative business opportunities, they’re often believed to be natural-born entrepreneurs. Resourceful and inventive, they often have several business ideas waiting to be brought to life.
Unlike other people, ENTPs aren’t afraid of taking risks (or failing, for that matter). Assertive Visionaries, in particular, are eager to try their luck at new business ventures, as they are confident in their ability to overcome any challenges. In truth, only they can stand in their own way—sometimes, ENTPs simply lack the ambition to get to the top.
In short, as long as they can sustain their motivation, Visionaries certainly have what it takes to succeed in the business world. Here are some famous ENTP people to prove it:
- JohnMcAfee, British-American technology entrepreneur and computer programmer who founded the anti-virus software McAfee
- Sam Bankman-Fried, American entrepreneur, investor, and alleged fraudster
- Freddy Vega, Colombian entrepreneur and CEO of Platzi
- George Hotz, American entrepreneur, software engineer, and hacker
- Chris Wanstrath, American technology entrepreneur and former CEO of GitHub
- Paul Tudor Jones, American hedge fund manager and philantropist
- Lori Greiner, American entrepreneur, inventor, and TV personality
- Guillermo Coppola, Argentine businessman and TV personality
- Adam Neumann, Israeli-American businessman, investor, and billionaire
- Agnes BerthaMarshall, English culinary businesswoman, celebrity cook, and inventor
8 Famous ENTP Criminals
Although most famous ENTPs are talented individuals who rose to fame for a good reason, unfortunately, there are some Visionaries who became notorious for their crimes.
It should be noted that criminal behavior is only associated with unhealthy representatives of the ENTP personality type. Naturally charismatic, extremely unhealthy ENTPs might use their charm to hurt or take advantage of others.
With that out of the way, let’s see who the most infamous ENTP criminals are:
- Billy McFarland, American fraudster and entrepreneur
- Brian Dugan, American serial killer who murdered at least three victims in the 1980s
- Henri Désiré Landru, French serial killer who killed at least seven women in the 1910s
- Meyer Lansky, Polish-born American organized crime criminal
- Richard Loeb, American student who murdered a 14-year-old boy
- Rodney Alcala, American serial killer known as the “Dating Game Killer”
- Ted Bundy, American serial killer who murdered at least 30 women in the 1970s
- The Zodiac Killer, American serial killer whose identity hasn’t been confirmed
ENTP Famous People Honorable Mentions
You’ve probably noticed that famous ENTP people typically dabble in many different fields. It’s not unheard of for them to be inventors, artists, writers, and entrepreneurs all at once!
Unsurprisingly, there are some ENTP celebrities and famous people who simply couldn’t fit into any categories we covered above. So, to top it all off, here are some Visionaries that made history:
- Anton LaVey, founder of the religion of Satanism
- Charles Barkley, American retired professional basketball player
- Christopher Columbus, Italian explorer credited for “discovering” the Americas
- Grigori Rasputin, Russian mystic who influenced the Russian Empire through his friendship with the royal family
- Karl Lagerfeld, German fashion designer who served as the creative director of Chanel and Fendi fashion houses
- Sonia Rykiel, French fashion designer also known as the “Queen of Knits”
And that sums up everything you should know about famous ENTP people!
The main takeaway is that ENTPs have a strong potential for stardom thanks to their charisma, wits, creativity, and love for innovation.
While some personality types are better at arts than sciences, business than philosophy, and so on, ENTPs can shoot to prominence in virtually any field. That’s because their personality is very versatile—not that many people, besides ENTPs, are artistic and scientific at the same time!