59+ Famous People w/ INFP Personality Type You Can Relate To
by Lisa Sparrow
Despite being somewhat shy and introverted, INFP personality types do not mind being the center of attention.
As a matter of fact, they tend to pursue careers in industries such as music, acting, and writing more often than many people think. This is the perfect opportunity for them to put their creativity to good use and freely express their ideas.
So, if you want to find out which famous people fit this personality type, keep on reading and discover a list of well-known INFPs, including actors, musicians, artists, and athletes!
35 Celebrities with INFP Personality Type
Even though INFP individuals belong to introverts, they still tend to thrive in the entertainment industry. This is because their passion and dedication outweigh any kind of anxiety they may experience when in the spotlight.
INFPs are highly individualistic people, which is perfect for this industry since every person’s journey is significantly different from the rest. Some may be able to get everything they have ever dreamed of right away because of luck, while others may not be as fortunate even if they possess the right skills and knowledge.
While this may be the case, it is no reason for INFPs to give up. They are big on making their dreams come true, so they will always push to make it happen. Due to their creative nature, they will also be willing to try out many different things. So, it would be no surprise if they started off as actors and transitioned to being musicians or writers.
Having all this in mind, let’s consider each of these entertainment categories more closely.
10 INFP Actors and Actresses
INFPs can be categorized as social introverts. Although they have an introverted personality type, they frequently choose careers that require them to interact with lots of people.
Acting is an excellent illustration of this. Because of their vivid imagination, INFPs are exceptionally talented actors and actresses. Just like that, they can switch between roles or characters without much mental effort. They are also very sensitive, which is fantastic because it allows them to fully inhabit the roles they play.
After learning why INFPs make such excellent industry professionals, it's time to look at the list of some INFP famous actors and actresses you’ve definitely heard of!
- Johnny Depp: Pirates of the Caribbean saga, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005), Alice in Wonderland (2010)
- Keanu Reeves: The Matrix quadrilogy, John Wick quadrilogy, Knock Knock (2015)
- Tom Hiddleston: Loki (2021), Crimson Peak (2015), Thor (2011)
- Nicolas Cage: The Family Man (2000), Face/Off (1997), Ghost Rider (2007)
- Jude Law: The Holiday (2006), Anna Karenina (2012), Captain Marvel (2019)
- Emily Blunt: The Devil Wears Prada (2006), Edge of Tomorrow (2014), A Quiet Place (2018)
- Lisa Kudrow: P.S. I Love You (2007), Easy A (2010), Friends (1994–2004)
- Audrey Hepburn: Roman Holiday (1953), Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961), My Fair Lady (1964)
- Robert Pattinson: The Twilight saga, Tenet (2020), The Batman (2022)
- Jenna Ortega: The Fallout (2021), Scream (2022), Wednesday (2022)
10 INFP Movie Directors
If you're wondering whether INFPs have what it takes to be successful film directors, the answer is—yes, they definitely do!
To start with, their creativity allows them to do wonders in the film industry. Their imagination is unmatched, and while actors use it to assume various roles, film directors use it to produce exciting stories.
They are adept at leading, but they must take a few factors into account, and choosing the right team is one of them. Due to their introversion, the environment they will have to work in is of high importance. Having people around who can communicate without arguing is also crucial, as INFPs hate conflict.
In addition, INFPs have a strong sense of intuition, which helps them choose the ideal cast for their projects!
If you are curious to learn about the examples of great INFP movie directors, take a look at this list:
- Tim Burton: Beetlejuice (1988), Corpse Bride (2005), The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
- David Lynch: Dune (1984), Wild at Heart (1990), The Fablemans (2022)
- Hayao Miyazaki: My Neighbor Totoro (1988), Spirited Away (2001), Howl’s Moving Castle (2004)
- George Lucas: Star Wars Saga, Indiana Jones Saga, Willow (1988)
- Wes Anderson: Moonrise Kingdom (2012), The Grand Budapest (2014), The French Dispatch (2021)
- Charlie Kaufman: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004), Anomalisa (2015), I’m Thinking of Ending Things (2020)
- Bong Joon-ho: Snowpiercer (2013), Okja (2017), Parasite (2019)
- Edgar Wright: Hot Fuzz (2007), Baby Driver (2017), Last Night in Soho (2021)
- David F. Sandberg: Lights Out (2016), Annabelle: Creation (2017), Shazam! (2019)
- Frank Darabont: The Shawshank Redemption (1994), The Green Mile (1999), The Mist (2007)
10 INFP Musicians
The music industry is ideal for INFPs because it gives them a platform to express their ideas and feelings.
INFP people tend to think deeply about a variety of topics. They constantly have a flow of thoughts running through their minds. Not only do they have strong feelings regarding their own lives, but they also have strong empathy and compassion directed toward others.
A result of the combination of all these traits is the beautiful music they produce.
Want to know who they are? Take a look at the following list, which features some of the most inspirational INFP singers and musicians:
- Chris Martin, English singer-songwriter and musician
- Florence Welch, English singer and lead vocalist of the indie rock band Florence and the Machine
- John Mayer, American singer, songwriter, and guitarist
- Bob Marley, Jamaican singer, musician, and songwriter
- Lenny Kravitz, American singer-songwriter, record producer, multi-instrumentalist, and actor
- John Lennon, English singer, songwriter, musician, and peace activist
- Melanie Martinez, American singer and songwriter
- David Bowie, English singer-songwriter and actor
- Baby Keem, American rapper and record producer
- Charlie Puth, American singer and songwriter
5 Other INFP Celebrities
People with the INFP personality type can work in various entertainment-related fields. From stand-up comedy to hosting a talk show, they are capable of doing anything!
Once more, their commitment, diligence, and intense passion for what they do are put to use. One of the reasons they may wind up doing things like comedy or even becoming a magician is because they enjoy experimenting with a variety of creative interests at once.
Here are some performers who can serve as examples for you:
- Louis C.K., American stand-up comedian, screenwriter, actor, and filmmaker
- Taylor Tomlinson, American comedian
- Teller, American magician, illusionist, writer, actor, painter, and film director
- Fred Rogers, U.S. minister and children’s television host
- Dorothy Lee, American actress and comedian
5 Famous INFP Political Figures
People with the INFP personality type prosper in politics because of their desire to better the world. They strive to be morally upright citizens who appreciate kindness, honesty, and consideration.
Diana, Princess of Wales, is a great illustration of an INFP personality with the qualities of a leader. She worked with more than 100 nonprofit organizations, all of which supported those who had HIV/AIDS, were homeless, or had any disabilities.
This personality type also belongs to the most sympathetic ones. INFPs are extremely kind and caring, which is ideal since caring politicians are more likely to improve everyone's quality of life.
Political figures should be sympathetic, yet the fact that INFPs experience emotions on a deeper level may not be the best trait. They will need to distinguish between logic and emotion so they can make the best choices under any conditions.
Additionally, they find it difficult to express their concerns. INFPs like to stay away from confrontation and conflict. A politician should be able to take charge, which is not so easy for INFPs as they like to be the peacemakers in every situation.
However, this also implies that they are able to set their personal interests and needs aside to benefit society as a whole, which is a trait every politician should possess.
With such a variety of traits, finding the right balance is key. INFPs can make good politicians if they can maintain their focus on the characteristics most suited for this job and set the rest aside.
Here are some of the most famous INFP male and female political figures to get you inspired:
- Alice Hathaway Lee Roosevelt, American socialite and the first wife of President Theodore Roosevelt
- Ellen Axson Wilson, the first wife of President Woodrow Wilson
- John F. Kennedy, Jr., American lawyer, journalist, and magazine publisher
- John F. Kerry, American attorney, politician, and diplomat
- Benoît Hamon, French politician and former member of the Socialist Party
7 Famous INFP Writers
Being observant is one of the biggest INFP strengths. They are known for thinking about everything, so it is no surprise that many INFPs build successful careers as writers.
They tend to put all the thoughts rushing through their minds into writing, which makes them feel relieved and gives them a chance to create something original.
Also, let’s not forget that self-reflection is also a common characteristic of INFPs. They do it to gain a better understanding of who they are and what they can offer the world.
Being conscious of oneself and one's surroundings when writing produces amazing work. Not only will you be able to write about things more clearly, but you'll also be better prepared to deal with any negative emotions or feelings of uncertainty that may surface when you write.
So, if you are an INFP who enjoys writing, you won't be disappointed to see that some of the most well-known INFP individuals in the literary world include:
- William Shakespeare, English playwright, poet, and actor
- Edgar Allen Poe, American writer, poet, editor, and literary critic
- George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, journalist, and critic
- Hellen Keller, American author, disability rights advocate, political activist, and lecturer
- Hans Christian Anderson, Danish author and playwright
- Virginia Woolf, English modernist writer
- Franz Kafka, German-speaking Bohemian novelist and short-story writer
4 Famous INFP Philosophers
INFPs are rather concerned with how they should live their lives, how they can improve themselves, and how to be a good person, which ties in with their philosophical preferences and choices.
People with this personality type strive to do good and make the world a better place. They respect moral behavior because they believe that it forms the foundation of a society that is more prosperous. And, if you know at least a little bit about philosophy, you’ll realize that this is exactly why some of them found themselves in this field and became famous for that.
Here are a few of the most well-known INFP philosophers:
- Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Genevan philosopher, writer, and composer
- Albert Camus, French philosopher, author, dramatist, and journalist
- Harriet Taylor Mill, British philosopher and women's rights advocate
- Walter Benjamin, German Jewish philosopher, cultural critic, and essayist
4 Famous INFP Artists
Due to their high levels of imagination, INFPs frequently end up engaging in creative pursuits. especially arts.
Because they can flourish in unusual circumstances, people with this personality type make excellent artists. They have a wide range of imaginative capabilities, so they are full of original ideas to share with the rest of the world.
These people also allow themselves to be creative and use that creativity to produce something unique, which is also a result of how frequently they daydream.
It's also important to note that INFPs frequently lack stability in their interests, so rather than choosing just one, they often try out a variety of creative endeavors and hobbies. Because they rush to achieve their goals, they tend to choose an innovative but poorly developed idea over one that has proven to work.
Still, despite all this, some of the most well-known artists were or are INFPs! Here’s a list including a few of them:
- Andy Warhol, American visual artist, film director, and producer
- Vincent Van Gogh, Dutch post-impressionist painter
- Paru Itagaki, Japanese manga artist
- Tove Jansson, Swedish-speaking Finnish author, novelist, painter, illustrator, and comic strip author
5 Famous INFP Athletes
Two of the key characteristics that make INFPs excellent athletes are commitment and compromise.
INFPs are dedicated and passionate when it comes to pursuing goals that are in line with their urge to discover their purpose in life. Finding meaning and the truth in life is much more valuable to them than having money or status.
INFPs are also willing to make compromises to achieve their goals. They are willing to collaborate with others and are receptive to hearing diverse points of view, which can be really important for sports.
However, deep enthusiasm often leads INFPs to hold themselves to unattainable ideals, which can sometimes make them unhealthy. Due to their strong levels of creativity, these people may feel that their work is never good enough. But nonetheless, with the right balance, INFPs can excel in anything they set their minds to, and sports is no exception.
Here are some of the most famous INFP athletes:
- Derek Jeter, American former professional baseball shortstop, businessman, and baseball executive
- Dirk Nowitzki, German former professional basketball player
- Roberto Clemente, Puerto Rican professional baseball right fielder
- Mariano Rivera, Panamanian-American former professional baseball pitcher
- Julius Erving, American former professional basketball player
And that’s a wrap!
The fact that many INFPs have excelled in a variety of professions—including acting, filmmaking, music, politics, writing, philosophy, art, athletics, and more—should not come as a surprise. After all, INFPs are known for their compassion, creativity, and intelligence.
This does not, however, imply that only strengths should be taken into consideration. The high idealism, excessive sensitivity, and difficulty voicing their concerns are hallmarks of the INFP personality type. In the end, it all comes down to finding the perfect balance and making the most of their strongest personality traits to find a fulfilling career that’ll allow these people to shine!